CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION
ALL BRANCHES ARE OPERATING UNDER NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS
We are closely monitoring the ongoing developments of COVID-19 to ensure we are able to serve you safely. The well-being of our employees, members and community is our primary concern.
- ALL BRANCHES ARE OPERATING UNDER NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS:
MONDAY - FRIDAY - 8:30AM - 5:00PM
THE FIRST HALF HOUR OF OPERATION IS RESERVED FOR OUR KUPUNA AND HIGH-RISK MEMBERS
- ALL BRANCH VISITORS MUST WEAR A FACE COVERING. YOU MAY BE ASKED TO BRIEFLY LOWER YOUR MASK FOR IDENTIFICATION AND SECURITY REASONS.
- CO-OP SHARED BRANCHING HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
ATMs at all branch locations remain available. Members may also make surcharge-free withdrawals at all First Hawaiian Bank ATMs statewide.
We strongly urge members to utilize our eServices and non-face-to-face services.
ONLINE BANKING - As a member of Big Island FCU, you have secure access to your account, no matter when or where. Enroll Today
- Check your account balances
- View your account history
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Make a loan or Visa payment
- View your check images
- Sign up for eStatements
- Sign up for eNotices
- Setup alerts for your accounts
MOBILE BANKING - With our Mobile Banking, you have the power and convenience to securely transfer funds, make bill payments and check your balance. Big Island FCU members MUST be enrolled in our Online Branch to access Mobile Banking. Find more information here
ONLINE BILL PAY - With our Online Bill Pay service, you pay your bills online (from your share draft account only). Bill Pay is available through our Online Branch and Mobile Banking. Find more information here
ESTATEMENTS - Receive, view and manage your statements securely from our Online Banking platform. Find more information here
AUDIO RESPONSE - Our Audio Response system gives you 24/7 access to your Big Island FCU accounts. Using your touch-tone phone, all you’ll need is your member number and your PIN to check your account balances, check your account history, transfer funds between accounts and make a loan or Visa payment. Contact us for more information
ATM ACCESS - Access your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from thousands of ATM locations worldwide with your Big Island FCU Visa Debit Card. Withdraw funds, deposit funds (BIFCU ATMs only), transfer funds and check your share or share draft balances. No ATM surcharge fee at all Big Island FCU ATMs and at any First Hawaiian Bank ATM statewide.
EXPRESS DEPOSIT - All Big Island FCU branches are equipped with Express Deposit boxes located on the outside of the office facilities. Envelopes left in the boxes will processed during business hours.
DRIVE-THRU - Our Puna Branch is equipped with a drive-thru to process your transactions.
MEMBER ASSISTANCE (Updated July 1, 2020)
We're here to help! As the COVID-19 conditions continue to rapidly evolve, we're working on ways to help our members. We have the following available for members:
- Up to 90 day payment deferment on certain BIFCU loans and Visa for members affected by COVID-19
- Please call 808-935-6665 for more information
- LOAN/VISA DEFERMENT APPLICATION
- Mortgage forbearance for members affected by COVID-19, please call 808-935-6665 for more information
As an essential business, Big Island FCU remains committed to keeping our branches open to serve our members' financial needs. In compliance with federal, state and local authorities and per CDC guidelines, we will limit the number of visitors to our branches and practice social distancing.
We ask that you please avoid visiting a branch if any of the following conditions apply to you:
- Have a fever or cough
- Have onset flu-like symptoms
- Traveled to a high-risk COVID-19 destination
- Been on a cruise ship
- Had contact with a person with COVID-19
We have taken several steps in all branches in response to the threat of COVID-19:
- Increased cleaning frequency of high-touch areas
- Hand sanitizer in lobby areas and workstations
- Disinfecting wipes at each workstation to aid in continuous cleaning
We have also asked our employees to follow good health habit guidance given by health authorities. Good practices include:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Stay home when you are sick
YOUR MONEY IS SAFE!
Please rest assured, despite the chaos COVID-19 is causing globally, your money is safe with us. Your funds are insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) up to $250,000.
We will continue to rely on the expertise of local and national health authorities for guidance. We also encourage our members to exercise appropriate caution and pay close attention to any guidance given by local and national officials. For additional information, you can visit the following websites: